Our students come from all walks of life, and we want our staffing body to be reflective of the communities we work within. Brooke Weston Trust does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, nationality, culture, age, disability, marital status or socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage and welcome applications from minority groups and foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where people can be themselves.
Job Title: Teacher- Permanent
Location: Oakley Vale Primary School
Salary: Main Pay Scale
Hours per week / Weeks per year: 100%
About Oakley Vale Primary School and the Teacher role
Why chose Oakley Vale?
- We have happy, enthusiastic and well-behaved children who will make you proud to be a Teacher.
- We have a dedicated, passionate and committed team of staff who work collaboratively to provide exciting and enriching experiences for our children.
- Our school is a modern, well equipped building with large grounds full of potential.
- We are an integral part of the Brooke Weston Trust and we collaborate fully. We have a range of professional learning networks to share best practice to support each other. We benefit from a highly experienced executive team comprised of a Director of Primary Education and Senior Principals who work with us to drive improvement and ensure all our children achieve their very best.
As a member of staff at Oakley Vale Primary School and the Brooke Weston Trust, we can offer you the following:
- Enhanced salaries and rapid promotional prospects
- Opportunities to access the excellent CPD offer provided by the BWT Primary Training Hub (which is based at Oakley Vale), the BWT Leadership Academy and the Northamptonshire Teaching School Hub all of which are operated by the Brooke Weston Trust
Brooke Weston Trust - Ambition Hub
- Free tea, coffee and a freshly prepared lunch provided daily
- Provision of a school laptop
- Salary sacrifice schemes such as Childcare vouchers, CPC Drive New car scheme
- A range of staff well-being initiatives focused on care, regard and respect for the professionals we work with including an annual wellbeing day.
- A central team of experienced professionals to support and facilitate a wide range of operational and strategic developments
ECTs would also receive the following:
- A professional, experienced mentor to work alongside you
- Access to the Early Career Framework CPD programme provided by the BWT Primary Training Hub
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of our school and to join us on our journey from good to great. We are excited to be recruiting for an inspirational Teacher to work alongside the array of existing teaching staff and new senior leadership team to ensure pupils are safe and enjoying an exemplary education. If you are passionate about learning, motivated and hardworking then Oakley Vale Primary School is the place for you.
We are looking for someone who is:
- enthusiastic and dedicated and who will always be willing ‘to go the extra mile’ for our children
- able to build positive and effective relationships with pupils, staff and parents
- willing to embrace or bring new ideas to shape the school’s future
- a role model for excellent teaching and learning
About Brooke Weston Trust
Our Trust was formed more than 25 years ago with a simple and clear mission – to transform educational performance in all of our communities. Working in some of the most challenging contexts, we improve our students’ achievements by making long term commitments to the community and championing new approaches to improve the life chances for young people.
Our members of staff are essential to realising this vision, and a happy, motivated and supported team will deliver the best possible experiences for our young people.
We place great emphasis on creating a supportive and collaborative working environment in all our schools, where all staff can share best practice through our colleague networks. Brooke Weston staff get access to first class professional development through our Ambition Hub, which is also home to the Northamptonshire Teaching School.
To find out more about working for our Trust and the benefits available to staff please check out the BWT Join Us Guide.
How to Apply
If you think you can contribute in this role and to our organisation we welcome your application!
To apply for this position, please complete a copy of the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively post your application to;
Oakley Vale Primary School
Further details about the Academy, can be found on our website www.oakleyvaleprimary.org. We welcome the opportunities for tours. To book a tour please email email@example.com with your preferred availability or telephone the school on 01536 461199.
Care and respect for others are the values that lie at the heart of our Trust. The Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts require proof of identity and as the role is working with children and young people this will also be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check. In line with safer recruitment requirements, individuals shortlisted for a role in school will have online checks conducted on their name across social media platforms and google.
A copy of the Trust Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be found here - Safeguarding and Child Protection
The Trusts position on the recruitment of Ex-Offenders can be found under section 7 of the Trust SCR, Safer Recruitment and Staff Files Policy - Safer Recruitment and Staff Files Policy
Closing date: Sunday 4th June 2023
Interview date: Wednesday 7th June 2023
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.